Raw 4 Paws Information
Raw 4 Paws is a single protein raw food which is completely balanced for your dog or cat.
Available in the following meat varieties :
- Goat (limited availability)
Snap frozen to seal in the freshness. Just thaw overnight.
Raw 4 Paws – Chicken
- Chicken is the perfect “all-rounder” and our most popular flavour. The bones are derived from healthy young birds and are soft and rich in bone marrow and full of essential fatty acids (both polyunsaturated and monounsaturated).
- Chicken is a rich source of calcium for lactating mothers and puppies. Chicken is a white meat, making it a powerful anti-inflammatory so is suitable for dogs suffering from Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease or inflammation of the skin or joints. Cancer is a form of inflammation, making chicken an excellent choice for dogs with cancerous tumours.
- Suitable for Adult Dogs, Seniors, Puppies, Pregnant & Lactating Mothers.
Raw 4 Paws – Lamb
- Lamb is classed as neither a red nor a white meat.
- Australian Lamb is pasture raised so not fed on chemicals, grains or antibiotics.
- Lamb is an excellent choice for underweight dogs. (ie where any ribs are visible).
- Lamb is suitable for all life stages.
- Lamb is particularly recommended in cases of skin conditions, arthritis and cancer. Lamb meat is rich in a naturally occurring anti-cancer fatty acid called Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
- Lamb is often referred to as the “cooling meat” because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
- NB. Lamb meat is NOT recommended in instances of pancreatitis, liver disease or where dogs have difficulty metabolizing fats or for dogs who have a particular allergy to lamb meat, lamb bones or lamb fat.
- We also recommend if just switching to Raw 4 Paws from a dried food to not start with lamb as it can be quite rich to begin with for some dogs.
Raw 4 Paws – Turkey
- Turkey is an alternative white meat containing all the properties of chicken making it also an excellent allergy free diet.
- Turkey is therefore the ideal choice where a dog has a particular allergy to chicken.
- Raw 4 Paws Turkey contains only bone and offal from turkey.
- We have found that dogs with fussier appetites enjoy the turkey flavour.
Raw 4 Paws – Beef
- Beef is an excellent choice for very active dogs such as racing greyhounds, working or agility dogs and farm dogs that are free of any health complaints.
- Beef is a high source of iron and excellent for dogs suffering from anaemia.
- However, Beef is a red meat and, as such, heats the blood and promotes inflammation, so for dogs experiencing any joint inflammation or degenerative condition (i.e.arthritis or cancer) or any skin inflammatory conditions or itchiness then beef is NOT suitable.
- We recommend to AVOID any food containing beef offal, beef bones or red meat in cases of joint and skin inflammatory conditions or degenerative diseases.
Raw 4 Paws – Kangaroo
- Kangaroo is a wild meat that is organic by nature, and free from contaminants. Roo is the leanest of all the meats containing virtually no fat and is also the highest source of protein and Conjugated Linoleic Acid (naturally occurring anti-cancer fatty acid). Roo is the ideal choice for dogs that are obese or mildly overweight and for dogs suffering from pancreatitis or liver disease because there is minimum fat (2%) to metabolise.
- However, the low fat content makes roo NOT suitable as the sole diet for young dogs or growing puppies, or pregnant or lactating mothers who require a higher fat content in their diet.
- We recommend roo until the desired weight loss is achieved and then a switch to other flavours to ensure overall balanced health and weight maintenance.
Raw 4 Paws Cat
Raw 4 Paws Cat is available in Beef and contains a high percentage of meat and no veggies. Cats are obligate carnivores therefore their diet and nutritional needs are different from dogs.